Friday, August 5, 2011

Wahoo for Friday!!!

I made this little crochet creature last year inspired by Julie Arkell's beautiful work. I am sure I saw it winking at me this morning.
Wahoo, it's Friday again and the boys and I are going to head up to Jonno's parents' beach house for the weekend. I can't wait to head down to the beach with a book and some knitting and watch the boys as they dig and discover caves.
Last time we went, I had been sick in the lead up and didn't manage to precook anything. This time I am heading up with a couple of meals and some biscuits which makes such a difference to the pace I am wanting for the next few days. I love not having to cook when we are away...
I have almost finished my circular cushion. I now just have to crochet a couple of buttons to cover the central hole. This project has been such a pleasure I think I will have to knit another one to match (in completely mismatching colours).
This is the last bunch of roses from my garden from the season as all of the bushes are now almost pruned. A pruned bed of rose bushes is such a satisfying thing to look at. I always imagine they feel so free and good to have a hair cut.
I am looking forward to playing around with this jar of pencils. You can find the most wonderful stamping idea here.
I am also going to take away my mini cross stitch projects this weekend too.
And here is a little drawing by Hugo to carry you into the weekend. A stripy snake on a sunny day with love heart clouds in the sky. Hugo made me smile yesterday morning when he said to Archie, "I'm allowed to bring lace and knitting (to school). I actually am". He apparently gave his class a terrific demonstration of how to knit and taught them the Steiner poem:
"In through the front door,
Once around the back.
Peeks through the window
And up jumps Jack".
Have a wonderful weekend,
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.
p.s. I am addicted to a new talking book at the moment by Carolyn Jessup called 'Escape' and documents her life in a polygamist marriage under the radical offshoot of the Mormon Church F.L.D.S. I have so much admiration for her and she tells her story with such an engaging voice it is hard to stop listening and answer the phone. It makes me pretty happy with the life I find myself in, I'll tell you now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails